Panera Bread

Good Company, Good Environment, Good Pay

Manager (Former Employee)
Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Panera Bread full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCore values taught and repeated enough to make a positive impact throughout cafes
Competitive salary (for established locations*)
Five day work weeks (6 day "unofficial" requirement for first 2 weeks of new cafe openings)
45 scheduled hours per week
Great training resources for the entire operation - any and all questions can be answered within minutes after looking through the online database of training docs or after a phone call to the "help desk" IT support which is on call 24/7.

ConsPromotions and new job openings given to "friends of friends" like many other companies...it's still very annoying
45 scheduled hours can see a 30% spike during new cafe openings and this is very high. I have seen higher jumps in weekly work hours during new cafe openings and the workload is often unfairly put on the shoulders of the few people who seem to make the best of things with the least amount of help.
There are shift supervisors working for the company that make more money than some assistant managers.
New positions that emerge within the company are often filled before an opportunity arises for anyone to apply. The "opportunity for growth" is always mentioned in cafes to anyone interested in "climbing the corporate ladder", but it is something that eludes many talented individuals in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate phrases that are repeated over and over again mean nothing to managers that want to know how to work through everything you need them to. More talk of strategy, goal setting and accountability need to take place in every cafe. Special treatment with a blatant disregard for management structure should be fixed immediately and giving praise more often than "never" will help more than you know!

Opportunities endless

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very friendly enviroment, passionate and devoted team for the best… Cons: None that I can recall. Advice to Senior Management: Keep coaching and moving people forward ! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

ok for now

I have been working at Panera Bread

Pros: fun people to work with Cons: low pay but hourly job so.... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Panera Bread.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!

Panera Bread – Why Work for Us?

We are bakers of bread. We are fresh from the oven. We are a symbol of warmth and welcome. We are a simple pleasure, honest and genuine. We are a life story told over dinner. We are a long lunch with an old friend. We… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panera Bread reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Panera Bread CEO Ronald Shaich. All reviews posted anonymously by Panera Bread employees.