Great experience! organized leadership and great teamwork with co-workers

Current Employee - Front-of-House  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
Current Employee - Front-of-House in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at Panda Express part-time for more than a year

Pros

Better pay than other fast food restaurants. Great benefits. Free food. Paid Training. Panda provides the uniforms for you

Cons

Room for advancement is tough. Work around food a lot so you might smell like food at the end of the day.

Make sure to set rules and regulations in order to provide new employees with the proper tools to succeed in the workplace.

Other Reviews for Panda Express

Environment

Former Employee - Management  in  Rosemead, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Management in Rosemead, CA (US)

I worked at Panda Express full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Culture of People Development. Many classes and opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Culture. Anything over done is just that - over done. Many of the classes, while not "mandatory" are MANDATORY. The CEO gets overly involved in people's personal lives and in a judgmental manner. If one is not ready to do EXACTLY as told, this is not the place for you. For those who need or want an almost cult-like environment - you've found the right place.

If you really care about people's development, there has to be an environment with no fear. Where people can develop in more than the one way dictated by Panda. This is said to be acknowledged but is not. Be honest with your employees. Have the integrity you ask of them.

It was so bad working there, I was looking for a way out.

Former Employee - Associate  in  Des Plaines, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Associate in Des Plaines, IL (US)

I worked at Panda Express part-time for more than a year

Pros

1)Free food whenever you worked... It is, however, extremely fattening, and can be really bad for you.

Cons

1)Large biases from managers; favor of one coworker more than another simply because of their looks.
    2)Hours per week were minimal, and kept getting cut because they would keep hiring more workers (I am assuming because of benefits, look at number 4).
    3)Coworkers can act however they want... including being rude to customers as much as they wanted to be, or even ignore the customers to play on their phones and take calls while on the clock.
    4)Any benefits you wanted meant you had to work a minimum of about 30 hours, which almost never happened - I believe they actually try to keep you well below 30 hours a week just so they don't have to give you benefits.
    5)Management does not value you at all, no matter how hard you work. They don't care.

I am extremely disappointed in the management. The only store I worked at that seemed like a decent store was the one that was the district manager's "home store." All of the others seemed like a joke.

There are newer employer reviews for Panda Express.

Worked for Panda Express? Contribute to the Community!