Pacific Gas and Electric
www.pge.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Lost in a Sea of Management Demands

Labor Relations and Human Resources (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for less than a year

ProsTelecommuting; salaries are good for starers or those without a degree - not so good if you are already high in the pay scale and coming in; benefits are better than some private sector, pension plan. If you are focused - good work/life balance.

ConsManagers and up are jumping around with demands out of fear - not a good mid-management set up. The demands shift all over the place and take up too much of the day. Generally weak middle management. Low-balling the salaries for new hires and managers. Hard to hear you came in at top step when you didn't. Work is too focused on meeting odd measures of productivity - all for the bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the metrics of bonus measurements - ie: injury reporting and numeric scales that only measure a small aspect of work that employees really have no control over. The daily work gets driven by these poor scales. Pay well from the start. Too insular and averse to new ideas.

Slow and Safe Company

Intern (Current Employee)
Sacramento, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric as an intern for less than a year

Pros: If you like working at slow and safe pace, where changes generally go at a turtle's pace then this is… Cons: The pace is too slow caused mostly by communication issues. The company is very top heavy, those at the bottom will generally be pushed aside… Advice to Senior Management: A system of standization is needed. There is also a need to greatly emphasize the sharing of information between employees and employment. Every project should… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great people, ability to move within the company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time

Pros: The people you work with are very dedicated and passionate about what they do. You… Cons: Things can be very bureaucratic. Getting simple things done could be… Advice to Senior Management: Listen actively to your employees, focus on quality and getting… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Pacific Gas and Electric.

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pacific Gas and Electric reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pacific Gas and Electric CEO Anthony F. Earley Jr.. All reviews posted anonymously by Pacific Gas and Electric employees.