Pacific Gas and Electric

www.pge.com

Lost in a Sea of Management Demands

Labor Relations and Human Resources (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsTelecommuting; salaries are good for starers or those without a degree - not so good if you are already high in the pay scale and coming in; benefits are better than some private sector, pension plan. If you are focused - good work/life balance.

ConsManagers and up are jumping around with demands out of fear - not a good mid-management set up. The demands shift all over the place and take up too much of the day. Generally weak middle management. Low-balling the salaries for new hires and managers. Hard to hear you came in at top step when you didn't. Work is too focused on meeting odd measures of productivity - all for the bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the metrics of bonus measurements - ie: injury reporting and numeric scales that only measure a small aspect of work that employees really have no control over. The daily work gets driven by these poor scales. Pay well from the start. Too insular and averse to new ideas.

Slow and Safe Company

Intern (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric as an intern for less than a year

Pros: If you like working at slow and safe pace, where changes generally go at a turtle's pace then this is… Cons: The pace is too slow caused mostly by communication issues. The company is very top heavy, those at the bottom will generally be pushed aside… Advice to Senior Management: A system of standization is needed. There is also a need to greatly emphasize the sharing of information between employees and employment. Every project should… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The ultimate bureaucracy

Senior Computer Programmer/Systems Analyst (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Gas and Electric full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: extensive telecommuting lots of new and interesting work to do modernizing systems culture… Cons: Bureaucratic Promotion by association Constant reorgs Projects are rushed at inception, rather than… Advice to Senior Management: Create anonymous site for comments, and require that all senior directors and above read every comment Create a monthly recognition and rewards program… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Pacific Gas and Electric.

Worked for Pacific Gas and Electric? Contribute to the Community!