Pacific Capital Bancorp

www.pcbancorp.com

PCB review for year 2007

Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat opportunity for advancement, Especially for a entry level positions. If a particular branch or department isn't good for you, then there are plenty others to transfer to. Benefits are equivalent to other financial instituions.

ConsThe new CEO assumed the helm in March of 2007. The bank itself was in a delicate-situation and the new CEO needed to take drastic measures to try and turn things around quickly. While I personally benefited from some of the changes, I think that communication between between senior management and the working masses should and could have been much more timely. There was a culture of policy changes put into effect immediately upon notification without any "Big Picture" vision given. This lead to A LOT of speculation and FEAR amongst lower level staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all staff with respect. You take pride in hiring intelligent people, please treat them as such. Understandably, there are some things that people can't be privy to, but, giving simplified explanations keeps people on your side, and much less inclined to wasting time and energy on paranoia and gossip.

Good Entry Job

Internal Control Coordinator (Current Employee) Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Capital Bancorp

Pros: Stable Job, If you get in, you'll stay. Its got a cozy atomosphere, with decent… Cons: Its a small bank in a tough market, Consolidation is a big element of problems. Be prepared to volunteer some… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on supporting your hard workers Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fair treatment, but no budget for employee appreciation.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I have been working at Pacific Capital Bancorp

Pros: Management tries to match your interests and abilities when assigning work. There… Cons: Hinting at promotions is a frequent tactic for soothing and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Pacific Capital Bancorp.

Worked for Pacific Capital Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!