There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

The company is a great place to start. Values the employees and rewards them accordingly

Current Employee - Retail Management in Chicago, IL (US)
Current Employee - Retail Management in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

employee recognition, strong support system, great senior management staff, growth opportunities

Cons

somewhat disorganized, Projects can be long and sometimes the meaning of them is lost in the midst of all the research, can get very monotonous.

Keep doing what you are with respect to recognition of the employees but at the same time find some time for face to face feedback.

1182 Other Employee Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group (View Most Recent)

Great company with good management and excellent job security

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for National City briefly before PNC acquired it. The integration went very smoothly and PNC is a great company to work for. Management is very reasonable and the work is engaging.

Cons

There is some disorganization lingering after the integration of National City. Technology is a little behind the times, Windows XP is still the standard desktop after several delays of Windows 7 deployment.

Overworked and underpaid... go figure.

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

Pros

The only pro I can think of at the moment is that it is a job and although the pay is not great, you get paid on time.

Cons

I do the job of 3 different people and do not get paid or acknowledged for it. I have not had a raise in over 2 years. I had vacation time approved for over 2 months to be out for two days in November 2012, and 4 hours before my scheduled vacation, I was told that I could no longer take that vacation because they could not find anyone to cover for me. 4 HOURS!!! I can understand telling me a week ahead of time or something, but 4 hours I feel like I am being run over and it gets very irritating. I am the only teller on the line right now, and have been since we opened at 9:00am this morning. While the 2 other people in the office have been sitting at their desks on personal phone calls and gossiping.

Treat every branch FAIRLY. Stand up for every branch the SAME.

There are newer employer reviews for PNC Financial Services Group