Oxford
www.ox.ac.uk Oxford, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Excellent first post-doc in Oxford

Post Doctoral Research Assistant (Current Employee)
Oxford, England (UK)

I have been working at Oxford full-time for more than a year

ProsGood working environment and friendly coworkers. First and second post doc positions have been similar and worthwhile. Research is fun and interesting with good development progress.

ConsTeaching opportunities have been fine and easily attainable for me as I was an undergraduate here, however many colleagues haven't been able to get experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementPost docs should be found college affiliation.

Your ideas are heard attentively by experts

Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee)
Oxford, England (UK)

I worked at Oxford as an intern for less than a year

Pros: I spent 3 months at the Department of Psychiatry of the University of Oxford during my PhD studies. I was a great opportunity to work… Cons: No compensation. Went at my own costs. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great researching resources and students; poor salaries, employment rights and support

Tutor and Instructor (Former Employee)

I worked at Oxford part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The students are ambitious and wonderful to teach (mostly), and the libraries and community of… Cons: Few, and increasingly fewer, tenured jobs, with more emphasis on by-hour and adjunct teaching, which means no payment for marking and prep. I was… Advice to Senior Management: Professionalise your approach: ensure that everyone ranging from full professors and chairs to graduate tutors can benefit from salary and per-hour wage transparency, a clear… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Oxford.

Worked for Oxford? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oxford reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oxford CEO Andrew Hamilton . All reviews posted anonymously by Oxford employees.