Overwatch Systems
www.overwatch.com Austin, TX 150 to 499 Employees

"Doing the right thing" is not as important as your Manager's ego

Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Overwatch Systems

ProsGetting paid for hours over 40 and weekly until 2011
The majority of the people are good to work with
The complexity of the engineering environment gives good opportunity to learn a lot
Nice building and location in south Austin

ConsEmployees are not empowered to make decisions
Managers only look out for themselves and will throw employees under the bus
They have laid off some really great people with a lot of domain knowledge that would challenge the status quo and kept those that were "yes men" now the ship is sinking even faster.
Wish I didn't still have so much company stock...my portfolio has taken a major hit.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to the employees and not the filtered version of management, the ones that are still managers either have no history with the company or no backbone to report what is really going on. Let the employees have some empowerment to make decisions and not feel babysitted by management.

Rapid employee turnover

I have been working at Overwatch Systems

Pros: South Austin Somewhat flexible schedules. Accommodating facilities Talented individuals to work with in… Cons: -Turnover rate goes up, employee morale goes down—the employees who are left feel pressure to carry the load. -Management engages in career pathing which sometimes forces… Advice to Senior Management: Raise awareness that people constitute your biggest asset. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Seems to be a lack of leadership which led to a lot of sit and then hurry up and finish

Software Engineer II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Overwatch Systems

Pros: Flex schedule, covered parking, willingness of others to help Cons: Salary, old technology, lack of a vision and work on… Advice to Senior Management: Need to make sure the customers are happy and are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Overwatch Systems.

Worked for Overwatch Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Overwatch Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Overwatch Systems CEO Kirk Brown. All reviews posted anonymously by Overwatch Systems employees.