Oshkosh Corporation

www.oshkoshcorporation.com

What a Nightmare- Avoid at All Cost

Fed Up (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI (US)

ProsThere are indeed alot of opportunities for growth, if only you had any authority to exercise those opportunities. There are current openings available at the company. The last is a great reason to apply if you are desperate for a job.

ConsUpper level management is clueless along with other corporate departments on what needs to be done to take care of current issues. The entire company is a clique and if you aren't in the group, you will get nowhere. The character of corporate mid level leadership is not good. These people beat you into the ground to promote themselves all the while being poor civil examples for the rest of the company. This makes it extremely difficult to do the right thing and get anywhere above your position. The work life balance is considered an average of 60/hrs/wk with no OT. This makes our turnover rate astronomical with salaried people.

The insurance packages the company offers to its salary staff are shameful compared to what they dole out to the union workforce. You cannot have an illness. Regardless, you will pay upwards of $150/month as an individual for insurance and still have a $1750 deductible. Otherwise you can pay $100/month and have a $3000 deductible. If you have a family like me, best of luck. The company is truly being unfair with their benefits. They dont match 401k anywhere near what other corporations are offering. 50% match up to 6%. All of these things give me reason to seek employment elsewhere. Best of luck to all fellow employees, Im getting out of here as soon as possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the program. Understand that what you are doing is driving your employees away. You can't keep promoting the people that buy you rounds at the bar and depend on them to do the right thing. You have been bought and you need to right the ship before it sinks. Yes, military contracts are great but when you are done selling trucks on your last contract, where will you go from here? A strong workforce will stand behind you. Your current workforce however, won't be left standing.

Busy

Team Coordinator (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI (US)

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation

Pros: Oshkosh Truck offers someone the opportunity to develop yourself as a person… Cons: The shifts are kind of awkward and makes it so that it is… Advice to Senior Management: Keep in mind the thoughts of the workers, if management… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Overall, a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Oshkosh, WI (US)

I worked at Oshkosh Corporation

Pros: Stability of company Good opportunity to grow Great place to learn Variety of… Cons: Lack of communication around company strategy Most employees do not know what the company was doing… Advice to Senior Management: Improve communication to employees, especially in regards to corporate strategy Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Oshkosh Corporation.

Worked for Oshkosh Corporation? Contribute to the Community!