Oracle
3.3 of 5 4,792 reviews
www.oracle.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Oracle Direct: Be Cautious and Look Before You Leap

Oracle Direct Account Manager (Former Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Oracle for more than a year

ProsThe benefits of working at Oracle are many: Great resume builder, outstanding training, and gaining exposure to a very solid product portfolio. The pay is pretty decent, as are the benefits. After spending a year there, you will have the opportunity to move on outside the company, but the chances of moving up internally are few and far in between.

ConsThe work environment is extremely intense and often turns reasonable people into jerks - yelling and intimidation is common at the end of each quarter. Many seasoned, experienced employees leave due to the unreasonable amount of stress that exists as a result of too many VP's who constantly try to justify their existence and create a contentious relationship with the field AND customers. The prevailing view is that it's OK to frustrate and anger a customer, so long as the revenue is delivered.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and ask yourself why there are so many VP's in OD? Why is the turnover so high? Why do you put ridiculous amounts of pressure on the first line managers? Why is HR constantly getting involved with this organization? If those questions are answered honestly, you are on the path to fixing the problems. Talk is cheap, but actions are not....

Reviewing Oracle as an Employer in India

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Pros: equal opportunity employer, open and transparent, big network of employees,… Cons: Slow in change, too many products, sales force confused over the products… Advice to Senior Management: Be agile Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

consultant

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
Kiev (Ukraine)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: good persons work in this company Cons: salary is not increasing work in this company Advice to Senior Management: increase salaries work in this company Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. All reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees.