Oracle

www.oracle.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Challenging, good pay good work life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO (US)

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sensible work hours compared to last job -- work 50 hrs week compared to 70. This is due to having more people supporting you with your tasks. Next, I value working with colleagues all over the globe. I'm home assigned which works great. Manager treats as adults in that no questions asked or bother if you're professionally competent do a good job. If you go above and beyond with your work you get raises and are supported by managment. Finally, Oracle knows how to monitize on products and sevices. This is a plus as I have not had to deal with constant layoffs like at my previous company.

Cons

Raises amounts could be higher. The culture differs based on where you are at. California HQ is pretty dull, whereas the old Sun Microsystems campus in Colorado is much more interactive with brigher facilities and staff events.

Company needs to start hiring young talent to serve as base for next generation or Oracle and to inject fresh modern ideas. Company needs to put more into culture and people with campus events and facilites with better teaming areas.

6613 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

Exciting time to work at Oracle

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Oracle has grown a diverse line of products, all striving to be best in class. Unlike other companies that grow through acquisition, Oracle fully assimilates these products, over time, into end-to-end solutions. I used that think that was just Marketing, but I've found it to be true.

Cons

Easy to feel isolated, accessing self-service applications, working remotely on virtual teams, without contact to coworkers, and not always having contact with customers.

My experience has been very satisfying

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Oracle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

quantum of work is what is humanely possible. If because of some reason it is not, you would be told so by the management that this particular project is estimated aggressively to eliminate competition etc. And when you are stretching to get the work done, leadership is aware of this.
    That typical attitude of software companies where they push managers to make people stay longer is quite less.

Cons

The people management during 2008 crisis was handled very badly. The company lost its human face and yet did not save substantially in terms of salaries.

Either company should have handled it in a way where company looks heartless and saves money or company looks kind even at cost of money. here company looked heartless and yet did not save money.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle