There are newer employer reviews for Opera Solutions

Game Over

Current Employee - Senior Analytics Specialist  in  San Diego, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Analytics Specialist in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brilliant vision and potential for products. Too bad none exist beyond powerpoint.

Cons

CEO and senior management are no longer building a company, instead they are running for the exits and begging for money from system integrators for the scientists and smattering of customers. Zero cash for anything to grow the company, and in the last town hall, the CEO admitted the place was in too much disarray to be sold at this point.

Do whatever it takes to put the company on solid footing, but please don't sell out to an SI and give away our potential as a pure play. That is why many of us have endured the long road-in hopes of a happy ending or IPO. Invest in either building big data solutions or classic services/consulting. decide to do one or the other. Trying to do both is killing Opera.

162 Other Employee Reviews for Opera Solutions (View Most Recent)

An Opportunity To Work With “A” Quality People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

If there was one element about Opera Solutions that places it head and shoulders above the other "Big Data"/service players in the market, it’s the quality of the people I work with. Through all levels of the org, the company consists of a collegial atmosphere with some of the brightest minds I’ve had the pleasure of working with.

The company's CEO, Arnab, is a visionary in this space and has been the driving force behind the company's shift from its consulting roots to a software company. He has high standards for himself and the people around him. Those who aren't willing to give their all — to work harder and think more deeply — may have a problem with this. Personally, I like it.

Though a lot of reviews suggest the c-suite is disconnected from the trenches, I beg to differ as the hierarchy is relatively flat and management is helping drive initiatives daily.

Salaries remain competitive and if you do contribute top-notch work, you will be rewarded sooner rather than later. As one poster said “you get what you put in,” which means if you roll up your sleeves, prepare to work hard, and produce, your efforts will be recognized by senior leadership.

If you’re hungry there’s plenty of room to grow, by climbing “the ladder” and also by gaining experience at one of the top companies in the “Big Data” space.

Cons

Communication throughout the organization needs attention as “town hall” style Q&A meetings are rarely held and transparency is lacking.

No growth opportunities, work atmosphere is below average

Current Employee - Research and Data Analyst  in  Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Research and Data Analyst in Noida (India)

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time

Pros

- Flexible work hours with decent pay scale for every level

Cons

- Too much politics
    - No growth opportunities for atleast 3 years
    - Job description does not match the actual job
    - status hierarchy is very strong
    - management is clueless
    - mismanagement of level one employees
    - induction and introduction methods need alot of improvement

Start concentration on your level one and two employees, they are the ones who get the job done.
    Improve training programs in the organisation

There are newer employer reviews for Opera Solutions

Worked for Opera Solutions? Contribute to the Community!