Changes

Former Employee - Systems Engineer
Former Employee - Systems Engineer

I worked at Omnicell

Pros

Great customer base. Omnicell used to have a great staff and good middle management, unfortuntely most if not all those people have moved on either by their own choice and were forced out.

Cons

Extremely poor operations management. Dyfuntional management from company headquarters, company seems to lack any long term vision about it's staff. VP operations lived by this phrase regarding the operations staff. "Hire fast, fire faster." Not a good way to attract people of quality and it shows. I doubt upper management know or cares about how company is run, all they seemed to care about was what The Street thought of the company. Internally employee base ridicules customer base. They do not take customers suggestion seriously and out right ingore operations/install staff.

Sad because years ago when I joined Omnicell it was a great place to work and the best work expereince I had. It ended as one of the worst. I would not go back to work there without a large salary increase and a change in operations management and additude.

It's time to make some whole changes in upper management in the operations division. Spend some time doing some research into field operations and make wholesale changes where needed. That dividion is THE face of your company and right now it's the face of discontent. No one I worked with was happy with the way things were going.

Other Reviews for Omnicell

A lot of internal dysfunction.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Mountain View, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA (US)

I worked at Omnicell

Pros

The products play a valuable role in hospital's provision of efficient and quality healthcare. The customers are great to work with.

Cons

Organizations do not work together well. Multiple examples of "us" vs. "them." A lot of distrust between organizations and immature behavior.

Communicate more--with entire employee base and cross-functionally at the management level. Set an example in cooperating and supporting each other's organizations and recognize managers and employees who do this too.

Life at Omnicell

Former Employee - IT/IS  in  Mountain View, CA (US)
    Former Employee - IT/IS in Mountain View, CA (US)

I worked at Omnicell

Pros

Not being tied to one particular work area. You are able to explore other areas outside of your primary responsibility.

Cons

Incompetent people. There were managers who were not supposed to be managers and PM's who were not qualified to be PMs.

Hire better people.

There are newer employer reviews for Omnicell.

Worked for Omnicell? Contribute to the Community!