Office Depot

ISCE program = FEAR Campaign

Manager (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Office Depot full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWhen I started with the company in 2007 it was fantastic. We had the usual payroll constraints and would always wish we had an extra person or two to help out but overall we were happy, and morale was high. We would work hard and our upper level managers appreciated us. As managers we were empowered to make business decisions based on how we perceived they would positively impact our business. Over time, that model changed and there was a correlation between how well the employees were treated and the decline of our overall sales.

ConsThe upper level management has grown increasingly incompetent and increasingly dishonest. They value their egos over the long term viability of the company. The ISCE program is a fear campaign more concerned with disciplining associates than satisfying the customer. Morale is terrible within the company and productivity is on the decline.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees and they will take care of your customers. Harass your managers and cut the salaries of your assistant managers and you breed a compliance culture dead set on doing the absolute minimum required to do their jobs.

Good experience when the sales were there, years ago.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Office Depot

Pros: Decent pay, benefits, clientele, clean environment. Cons: Don't ever do anything over and above, as it may… More

Great Training for Sales Reps

Major Account Manager (Former Employee)
Signal Hill, CA (US)

I worked at Office Depot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Provides everything you need to do your job, product training,… Cons: Very cliquey, tough to break into management. Advice to Senior Management: Break up some of the management clicques. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Office Depot.

Worked for Office Depot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Office Depot reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Office Depot CEO Roland C. Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Office Depot employees.