Novell
www.novell.com Provo, UT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Sad to See a Former Great Company Go Down the Tubes

Application Engineer (Former Employee)
Provo, UT (US)

I worked at Novell

ProsGood pay, decent benefits, nice co-workers, excellent facilities, bonuses

ConsThe company has a reputation of doing layoffs each year. They are in a downward death spiral that may not bottom out. Working there is pleasant, but you must constantly wonder if you will have a job the next week.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing directions every few months. Focus on selling stuff. Stop trying to be "the big player". Novell is no longer a powerhouse.

Solid place to work

Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee)
Provo, UT (US)

I worked at Novell

Pros: I enjoyed the atmosphere at Novell as much as anything else. There was always a lot of work to be done, but… Cons: The company's long-term health is somewhat in question. If the Linux strategy doesn't work, they'll have gutted… Advice to Senior Management: Trim away products that make no / little money. The company is spread too thin, and the near-constant layoffs are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Work

I have been working at Novell

Pros: Novell has a really good atmosphere and does have some of the best benefits that are available.… Cons: Novell does not have a very good way of promoting their products, thus customers move on to competitors all the time.… Advice to Senior Management: I enjoy the atmosphere but I would like to know that I have a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Novell.

Worked for Novell? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Novell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Novell CEO Bob Flynn . All reviews posted anonymously by Novell employees.