Northwestern Mutual

Recruiter

Recruiter (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual full-time for more than 5 years

ProsTremendous amount of time and money put into personal development and training. Has one of the best internship programs developed for the financial services industry.

ConsHard recruiting environment-hard to attract good candidates, expect you to refer people to the career or rely on reps to refer you candidate and that doesn't happen easily.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so discriminatory when it comes to hiring recruiters. By far, the vast majority of recruiters are young, attractive women and their is a clear bias by management to keep it this way.

Uncomfortable

Intern (Current Employee)
Spokane, WA (US)

I have been working at Northwestern Mutual as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Lots of college educated people Potential to make good money Office was… Cons: where do I begin? 1. No pay unless you sell, Sell, SELL! (mostly to friends and family) 2. Management is offense, sexist, potentially racist, no diversity (At… Advice to Senior Management: Exactly how old are most of your employees? when I attended the last annual meeting I was astonished to see that most of the employees… More

It is a great company for the right person.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Northwestern Mutual full-time for more than a year

Pros: Beautiful office, friendly atmosphere, and great training program. Cons: It is sink or swim. You are given the training and you have a… Advice to Senior Management: There should be more stipends for people just starting out… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Northwestern Mutual.

Worked for Northwestern Mutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northwestern Mutual reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Northwestern Mutual CEO John E. Schlifske. All reviews posted anonymously by Northwestern Mutual employees.