There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Management Accountability

Current Employee - Electronic Engineer III  in  Topeka, KS (US)
Current Employee - Electronic Engineer III in Topeka, KS (US)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

technologically advanced environment, surrounded by the industry's top talents

Cons

no room for advancement. in large corporations, extreme competition exists. many avenues for growth and exposure yet no opportunity for advancement/ recognition.

analyze system workflow for potential faults. Implement adopted safety measures to avoid liability.

1743 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Good company with a heavy management hierarchy similar to the military.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

There is a lot of different types of projects. The amount of hours allows one to have a life outside of work.

Cons

Personal growth is hampered by stale movement. Employees get stuck on projects because its best for the project but not best for the company or the employee. It can get boring sometimes and it takes a lot to muster the excitement that you initially start with.

There is a lot of waste in the layer of management. It allows some to produce sub-standard levels of work due to the complexity.

Northrop Grumman, Still A Good Place To Work!

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman

Pros

I’ve been with NGC for over 20 years. A solid reputation for getting the job done helped me survive the layoffs in the 80s & 90s. The main reasons I stay are the people, relationships, the opportunities and job stability. I've worked on so many programs and learned more than I ever imagined, worked my way up from a draftsman to a site lead. The opportunities are availalbe, if you are willing to work hard. Finding the right leadership is necessary to make a difference. All those friends that left in the 80's are all starting to come back to NGC. Glad i stayed and built a solid network which helps me accomplish my goals.

Cons

Unfortunately, some programs still endorse the "good old boys" network. It's sad to see this thriving and how it intimidates employees. The politics involved make my head spin, it's amazing that we can actually produce a product with people spending so many calories jockeying for position and power. I've watched it for 20+ years and can't believe it's still alive in this day and age. Grow up gentlemen, it would be nice to see you focus on your employees and the task at hand instead of pointing the finger at someone else for your shortcomings! Be accountable to your teams, not power hungry and empire builders!

Change with the times! Stop the politics! Do what's best for the employees!

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!