Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

I have had wonderful opportunities, and solid management with excellent accountability.

Current Employee - Analyst in McLean, VA (US)
Current Employee - Analyst in McLean, VA (US)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Constant drive to improve quality and efficiency; industry-leading emphasis on ethics and standards; great training opportunities; flexible work schedules and work locations depending on the specific job.

Cons

Can't think of any - I'm sure other parts of the company have issues that my sector doesn't.

Stay objective in your evaluation of your people - don't be quick to judge based on one thing you see/hear - give your people the benefit of the doubt, and they will respect you.

1968 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Very professional environment, lots of military personnel.

Former Contractor - Human Resources Coordinator in West Melbourne, FL (US)
    Former Contractor - Human Resources Coordinator in West Melbourne, FL (US)

I worked at Northrop Grumman as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Very innovative company with growth potential for many.

Cons

Too many levels of management for each sector.

Used to be a great company, now is terrible. It is so terrible I am 29 and took a voluntary layoff!

Former Employee - Procurement Analyst in El Segundo, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Procurement Analyst in El Segundo, CA (US)

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked in procurement and the people were great (not management though). Also there is a bar down the street to have a couple beers at lunch so you can get through the day. Pay and benefits were ok.

Cons

Basically everything. The company still thinks they are in the 80's. If you are a young person you will not be a manager for 30 years. Way too many levels of management and I do not know how most of these managers were hired. If you have drive and ambitious then say goodbye to it. Nothing is efficient, you have to get a signature for anything you do. Management thinks they know all and will not listen to the low level peasants of the company. There is a reason why Boeing and Lockheed are ahead of Northrop. Once most of the good old boys club of Northrop retires then maybe it will improve. If you are lazy and want someone to make terrible decisions for you then this is the company for you.

Stop laying off lower level employees and start laying off management. Whatever your first instinct is then do the opposite!

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman