Northrop Grumman

www.northropgrumman.com
  www.northropgrumman.com
There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman

Benefits

Current Employee - Software Developer in Saint Louis, MO (US)
Current Employee - Software Developer in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very laid back company with good benefits and stress free

Cons

its is really good company to work with

no advice

1857 Other Employee Reviews for Northrop Grumman (View Most Recent)

Northrop Grumman Engineering Internship Review

Current Employee - Engineer in El Segundo, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in El Segundo, CA (US)

I have been working at Northrop Grumman as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Northrop spends a lot of time and money on their internship program. They facilitate camaraderie among interns by providing numerous speaker/lunch/travel opportunities . If you are ambitious and hardworking, you can land a meaningful project worth writing about on your resume. Overall, I had a great experience at Northrop. Every other Friday is off and the hourly wage is very competitive!

Cons

The company is slow and stogy. If you do not align ideologically with the defense industry, you may find yourself in an uncomfortable position. Your internship experience is highly contingent upon your managers enthusiasm for the program. First weeks can be slow... but it takes initiative to make your experience worthwhile!

Tough place to be successful

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Big, stable company. The checks don't bounce. Decent benefits, though in Jul;y 2012 they drastically increased the cost to employees for health insurance. This COULD BE a great place to work.

Cons

All internal processes must comply with federal gov't standards and requirements, regardless of whether or not you are working on a fed project. As a result, working at NG is just like working at the DOD or any federal agency. Red tape, bureaucratic infighting and ridiculously complex and convoluted internal processes stifle the ability to get things done in a timely fashion. The customer is almost an afterthought to NG. Since I've been here, we've lost more deals due to our own internal incompetence and inability to deliver a timely proposal response than we have lost to genuine competition.

There are newer employer reviews for Northrop Grumman