Great Place to work

Current Employee - I T Department  in  North Kansas City, MO (US)
Current Employee - I T Department in North Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at North Kansas City Hospital

Pros

If you work hard and do well you are recognized and rewarded. Our department has great leadership and is very fair to the employees.

Cons

Always construction taking place. It is good that the company continues to grow but it is sometimes frustrating that the elevators, hallways or parking lots are closed off.

Remember that not everyone at the hospital are nurses. "Support staff" are not medically trained. However, we are just as important to provide the excellent care at the hospital. Most managers understand that but some easily forget.

Other Reviews for North Kansas City Hospital

Nursing Unit Secretary

I have been working at North Kansas City Hospital

Pros

They trained well. I enjoyed working with professionals.

Cons

Very strict rules, not family friendly.

It's the people that make the experience good for their patients. It's difficult for a person to maintain positivity, when management makes the work environment negative.

So much micromanagement on a collegiate model. Very confusing, disrespectful.

Former Employee - Floor RN  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Floor RN in Kansas City, MO (US)

I worked at North Kansas City Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very nice facility physically, undergoing continuous remodel. There is a new state of the art ED which just opened within the last year. Employee appreciation dinners twice per year, and night staff are not left out. Computerized documentation is user friendly.

Cons

Every unit follows its own policies,make floating as a nurse to another unit a nightmare. Point system used for tracking and monitoring call-ins utilized methods with make the best, most responsible employees appear as irresponsible. Orientation was dismal. I was told an exit interview was customary; no such interview was offered.

There are newer employer reviews for North Kansas City Hospital.

Worked for North Kansas City Hospital? Contribute to the Community!