Noble Network of Charter Schools

www.noblenetwork.org
There are newer employer reviews for Noble Network of Charter Schools

Used to be like a family, now it's more like just another heartless corporation.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with mostly great people and feeling like part of a family. Most of the people working at Noble really care about the goal of the network and helping kids. Competitive pay and decent benefits.

Cons

The network expanded to quickly, opening too many schools at once. This not only caused a number of growing pains, but also turned it into a place with more of a "corporate" atmosphere than what it was 5 years ago. Some of the senior management cares less about their employees and the Noble vision than their own careers.

It's good to be have goals for helping the kids of Chicago, but growing too fast and opening too many schools only causes problems.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Noble Network of Charter Schools (View Most Recent)

A nice community of highly successful people!

I worked at Noble Network of Charter Schools

Pros

Fellow teachers REALLY care and put their whole heart into the work.

Cons

Not every principal is created equal!!! I saw a few schools int he network suffer because of poor administrators and school leaders...

Great place for the high achiever to make a difference

Current Employee - Counselor
    Current Employee - Counselor

I have been working at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started and continue to work at Noble because I wanted to be surrounded by educators who care as much and put in as much effort every day as I do. At my particular campus, this is true of nearly everyone I work with and it is a very unique experience to respect and be respected by so many coworkers. Our discipline code is strict, and while it is easy to find small things that you disagree with within it (Do I really think kids should get an automatic detention for possessing a sharpie?) overall I feel that our Culture is the main reason our students are able to learn so much more than most students at CPS schools - they feel safer, teachers can teach with little distraction, and students know there are high expectations for them every day. At my campus we have a strong focus on teamwork, so we ensure that everyone within a given department has the same prep period, to ensure we can have department planning meetings and collaboration within school hours. We actively work on teamwork in order to keep the focus on students. Noble, as a network, also has a strong focus on competition and collaboration, so while campuses are constantly comparing results, we are also given time and opportunities to collaborate to share best practices. I feel supported by my administration and I feel that my opinion is valued.

We are paid less than CPS educators, but often our bonus can nearly make up for this. The benefits are good - as a non-certified teacher, I don't pay into the Chicago Teachers Pension, and get a 401K match instead.

Cons

Working at Noble can easily become your life. This is my fourth year and I am only starting to not feel guilty if I don't do work at home every evening, or if I refuse to do work on Saturdays. With high expectations for students come high expectations for staff - Noble also tends to hire people with high expectations for themselves and a history of achievement. At my campus there is no one telling you that you have to work overtime - everyone just does it in order to stay afloat and meet expectations.

There are newer employer reviews for Noble Network of Charter Schools