Noble Network of Charter Schools

www.noblenetwork.org
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Noble Network of Charter Schools

Used to be like a family, now it's more like just another heartless corporation.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with mostly great people and feeling like part of a family. Most of the people working at Noble really care about the goal of the network and helping kids. Competitive pay and decent benefits.

Cons

The network expanded to quickly, opening too many schools at once. This not only caused a number of growing pains, but also turned it into a place with more of a "corporate" atmosphere than what it was 5 years ago. Some of the senior management cares less about their employees and the Noble vision than their own careers.

It's good to be have goals for helping the kids of Chicago, but growing too fast and opening too many schools only causes problems.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Noble Network of Charter Schools (View Most Recent)

Excellent Experience at Focused & Driven School

Current Employee - Math Teacher in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Math Teacher in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Noble Network of Charter Schools full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I work at the Golder campus of the Noble Network of Charter Schools, and I am very happy with my current job! I enjoy working at a school that has a clear vision and established values, so that my focus can be on teaching to the best of my ability. Teachers receive coaching from supportive deans and department leads and are able to take advantage of manageable schedules and ample prep time. Administration similarly offers lots of support in pushing teachers towards clear goals throughout the year.

Cons

Frequent coaching does not come without high expectations--something Noble is known for. We constantly strive for high achievement, with frequent goals to reach and strategies for tweaking and revising plans & strategies. It can be stressful. In addition, teachers may be required to take on extra responsibilities such as an advisory, which can contribute added stresses and time commitments.

Build strategies to help teachers improve work/life balance!

The Noble Network provides great opportunities and atmosphere for personal and professional growth.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Noble Network of Charter Schools as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

-Great culture
    -Supportive co-workers and administrative staff.
    -Professional Development opportunities
    -Staff really cares about students
    -Strong Leadership

Cons

-Rigid discipline system (works well for some kids, but not all)
    -Can become difficult to balance work and life

-Keep up the positive and welcoming culture.

There are newer employer reviews for Noble Network of Charter Schools