Noble Energy

www.nobleenergyinc.com

Noble Energy is okay to work for but could improve.

Current Employee - Revenue Accountant
Current Employee - Revenue Accountant

Pros

They are generous with vacation policy and they have a pension plan. The office is set up nice and they have recently remodeled floors and we have new furniture. There is plenty of room. They offer good benefits and our portion of the medical premiums is very low. I think that they care about their employees. Chuck Davidson is very nice and comes to town to communicate with the employees about how the company is doing.

Cons

Management is not very good. My manager does not communicate with the entire group - only a few. Some of the management is not held accountable for things they do. They need to improve on this area.

Provide more communication. Hold members of management more accountable.

Other reviews for Noble Energy

Very inefficient processes and procedures.

Former Employee - Land Administrative Analyst  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Land Administrative Analyst in Denver, CO (US)

Pros

Noble has high salaries and decent benefits. They also paid for parking. At Noble you work 9 hour days and half day every Friday. Noble is a great company, but unfortunately my department had arrogant supervisors that treated employees poorly.

Cons

Some supervisors were borderline verbally abusive. If you are not chosen as their "favorite" you will not be given any opportunity to succeed or lead projects. Noble has extremely inefficient procedures. You need to get ALL your work double/triple checked and approved, often by lower level inexperienced Analysts. They have created a culture of covering your own butt. Very slow processes and some inexperienced individuals make for a huge headache. The supervisors are extreme micro- managers. Many people on the team had poor morale. The CSB building looks and feels like a prison on the inside, no pictures, or art, just white walls and prison guard supervisors. Noble has a lot of talent, few are given encouragement and the opportunity to succeed. Many people keep their head down and fly under the radar and they only stay for the high salary. I wouldn't have stayed as long as I did if it wasn't for the high salary, but in the end my dignity and happiness prevailed. I always had extremely high performance evaluations, which was surprising considering the poor treatment I received from my supervisor. It was a very toxic work environment in my department.

Noble hires great talented people that need to be encouraged and mentored. Get rid of bully supervisors!

Was a great company, going downhill from here

Former Employee - Senior Geologist  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Geologist in Houston, TX (US)

Pros

Used to be up-and-coming with growth, now senior management has changed-will likely be development/production oriented.
    The new building is beautiful, though don't know if and how Noble will actually grow to fill it. (Widely remarked)
    Good place for development geoscientists for the next few years.

Cons

Many will say that Noble has become too big, and is not addressing its poor quality lower level management.
    Not a place for explorers, at least until 2017. No grasp of regional geologic concepts, poor technical skills, and ability to expand into new frontiers. Many have already left.
    Near-term drop in exploration scope due to specific country alignment, and inability to gain new acreage, and consequently lower level management are so desparate given limited running room, that they are bullying employees to overstate prospects. Becoming quite corrupt. Well known to be a very siloed, non-communicative clandestine culture. Managers protect themselves by promoting incompetence around them. Not a good strategy for growth.
    Mid and late career people will receive no training or onboarding. The focus is purely on developing new hire replacements.

Become a less siloed entity, encourage cross departmental communication, exchange. Train managers in effective management, including basic measures to prevent your likely imminent, downfall through encouraging poor technical performance, deceit, incompetence, and likely safety issues, that accompany poor decisions based on intimidation tactics. Grow proper exploration skills that support growth, and get into countries that allow for expanded running room.

There are newer employer reviews for Noble Energy.

Worked for Noble Energy? Contribute to the Community!