Noble Drilling (U.S.)
www.noblecorp.com Sugar Land, TX 500 to 999 Employees

Who would like to be a good fellow for the BLUE AND YELLOW?

Barge Engineer (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Noble Drilling (U.S.)

ProsThe time off is the key for me. I work a 14 day on and have 14 days off a month. This gives me plenty of time to do the things I want and to plan things in the future. I also get to spend quality time with my family.
The benefits are great. I have not had one problem with my insurance and the 401K plan is really wonderful. You can put 1% to 50% of your check in up to the amount the IRS allows every year, you are vested as soon as you start and do not have to wait 5 years, and for the first 5 years the company matches you 70 cents on the dollar up to 6%, after that dollar for dollar up to 6%.

ConsWe are constantly going to schools to renew licenses or learning up on new programs that have been put into place. The only time we have to do this is on our off time which takes time away from your family.

Advice to Senior ManagementOn the retention bonuses, I believe ALL supervisors and the skilled position personnel should receive one. The way I see it, all your skilled positions had to do some kind of formal training to get in the position they are in today so they should be compensated.

Great place to work with opportunity to grow as a professional.

Analyst (Current Employee)
Sugar Land, TX (US)

I have been working at Noble Drilling (U.S.) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Willing to train and develop employees. Firm job security. Cons: Company is growing at a rapid pace and losing focus… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Positive experience, fast paced environment.

Barge Engineer (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Noble Drilling (U.S.) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I like the time off of course. I work a 28/28 rotation. The pay is good, although not on par with other companies. Noble is… Cons: The pay is good, although not on par with other companies. Noble bends and bows at the whim of the oil company, often causing you… Advice to Senior Management: Equalize and review pay scales between similar positions on different rig types. Re-evaluate job titles and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Noble Drilling (U.S.).

Worked for Noble Drilling (U.S.)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Noble Drilling (U.S.) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Noble Drilling (U.S.) CEO David W. Williams. All reviews posted anonymously by Noble Drilling (U.S.) employees.