Noble Corporation

www.noblecorp.com
  www.noblecorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Noble Corporation

Who would like to be a good fellow for the BLUE AND YELLOW?

Current Employee - Barge Engineer in Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Barge Engineer in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Noble Corporation

Pros

The time off is the key for me. I work a 14 day on and have 14 days off a month. This gives me plenty of time to do the things I want and to plan things in the future. I also get to spend quality time with my family.
The benefits are great. I have not had one problem with my insurance and the 401K plan is really wonderful. You can put 1% to 50% of your check in up to the amount the IRS allows every year, you are vested as soon as you start and do not have to wait 5 years, and for the first 5 years the company matches you 70 cents on the dollar up to 6%, after that dollar for dollar up to 6%.

Cons

We are constantly going to schools to renew licenses or learning up on new programs that have been put into place. The only time we have to do this is on our off time which takes time away from your family.

On the retention bonuses, I believe ALL supervisors and the skilled position personnel should receive one. The way I see it, all your skilled positions had to do some kind of formal training to get in the position they are in today so they should be compensated.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Noble Corporation (View Most Recent)

Amazing

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Sugar Land, TX (US)
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Sugar Land, TX (US)

I have been working at Noble Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Room for growth, pay, hours, perks. I love this company, I have been here for a few months an I'm already climbing the ladder. Unlike most companies where you never see VPs or the CEO you actually have the opportunity to meet and speak to all of the above if you work in corporate. Noble Drilling recognizes hard work, most of the people who complain expect to be spoon fed.

Cons

Only typing cons because glass door made me.

Keep up the good work. It's amazing how y'all run a multi-billion dollar company and are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Good company to work for. Lots of opportunity for growth and lots of global travel

I worked at Noble Corporation (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fun place to work, great people in corporate. Bonuses are awesome

Cons

Old school mentality, can be challenging to make changes if you are not one of the good ole boys.

Corporate compensation could be better

There are newer employer reviews for Noble Corporation