Nightingale Home Healthcare

www.homecareforyou.com
  www.homecareforyou.com
There are newer employer reviews for Nightingale Home Healthcare

If you don't care about pay, but love helping others this is a great place to work in healthcare.

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Carmel, IN (US)
Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Carmel, IN (US)

I have been working at Nightingale Home Healthcare

Pros

Choice of cases to take on, not a typical healthcarea job, personally rewarding in helping clients

Cons

As a home health aide you have four differnet pay rates and it flucuates based on the care you provide which is choose by scheduling personnel, and needs of client, medicare and medicaid, private pay. Benefit waiting period too long- you must wait 180 days and it is based on a 40 hour work week, it is up to you to make sure you get 40 hours and it is hard to do because some cases are two hours here, four there. Pay includes miliage which you have to keep track of. You must use your own car.

It would be best if you could hire and pay based on experience, too many pay rates to keep track of. Maybe you could have a meet and greet among employees so that they could switich assignments instead of having call offs

43 Other Employee Reviews for Nightingale Home Healthcare (View Most Recent)

I SHOULDVE LISTENED!!

Former Employee - Volunteer Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Volunteer Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Nightingale Home Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The monetary compensation was fair

Cons

I WAS WARNED ABOUT THIS PLACE AND DIDNT LISTEN, PLEASE DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE.

I was let go after three weeks due to the fact they felt it "wasnt a good fit". I had barely even started because one and half weeks were training. I left a job of over a year for this company and Im livid. They had no idea what they were doing with me or my position when i started and changed me from hospice to home health the day of my orientation. They didnt even know who my supervisor was for upwards of 3 hours, The job description and actual responsibilities were not even similar. They pay nothing for mileage and audit your every move. I am so disappointed with this company.

A great to grow and expand your horizons

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Carmel, IN (US)
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Carmel, IN (US)

I worked at Nightingale Home Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You chart your own way to success. Work hard and sincerely and the company helps with your tuition, contnuing education and more training to be whatever you want to be. Hard work is a must. A lot in return though. Continiue the good work.

Cons

The hours are long but for those who want to progress in a career and life it is well worth it. There are no excuses.

Recruit younger people.