There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Let us do our jobs!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed environment: Dress code very comfortable
Decent wage: Beats the heck out of minimum wage
Free account: as long as you are employed

Cons

Too much pressure on AHT. 5.5 minutes to relate, converse and fix issues. Not near enough.
Tech team needs to get their act together. Can get 3 different answers to the same question.
 Need more positive reinforcement. Scare tactics make for constant turnover.
3rd party call center..attendance policy very strict

Let us do our jobs! Stop confining us on time spent with the customer! We have many elderly customers who need more explanation for issues. DSat is stressed way too much. Back off on a few things..and watch that DSat drop! What is more important...a satisfied member..or how many calls we take a day.

402 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Customer Service Is Not For Me

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Frisco, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Frisco, TX (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, benefits, and relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Customer service in general. For some reason going into this I did not think it would be a typical customer service experience based on my own satisfaction with Netflix for the past 3 years. It's pretty easy work, but so many people who called were lazy and/or arrogant jerks. Some of them made me feel like I was an inch tall. It was emotionally draining, especially for someone as sensitive as I am. The pressure to meet the 0% DSAT also didn't help. The survey asks about the company but it's answer is a reflection of the customer service and high DSATs effect job performance. We're expected to convey a relaxed, friendly attitude and build a personal rapport with the customer, but with pressure of the DSAT it's hard not to make everything sound forced and phony because you want to really turn it on to try get a yes out of the person. I'm an introvert so faking conversations and trying to think of chit-chat was hard for me. Do not take this job if you're sensitive and don't have strong conversational skills. You must get to know the person. It is required. I also wanted to add that the schedules and team leaders are constantly changing. It's extremely frustrating.

Change the survey question.

Competitive Company with Opportunities for The MOST Ambitious

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros

free food, and flexible scheduling is promoted, although in a call center, this schedule flexability is not really existent. Senior and Middle management try their best to be honest and forthcoming.
    If you want something you can ask anyone and they can probably get it for you if you work for it.
    Believe in promoting from within, and encouraging you.

Cons

truthfully, their open door policy on who's getting fired, or what changes are happening can be somewhat stressful at times. you don't feel a sense of job security. their feedback oriented management style just feels pressure-some.

Netflix is a team. A sports team. an ambitious and cut throat team who will trade you off if they see you're not an asset any longer, rather than encourage you to move cross functionally.

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!