Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Know yourself, then manage your path accordingly

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBrilliant co-workers, opportunities to have a direct impact, minimal nit-picking bureaucracy or corporate policies, dynamic energy as the company continually evolves. Company does pretty well as removing doofuses and not hiring jerks. For the saavy employee, you can move into some great opportunities as the company grows and adapts. Upper management is very transparent (even when sometimes they don't make the best call -- e.g. Qwikster).

ConsDynamic environment does not work for a 'do my work and go home' employee or those who just want to show up and be told what to do. Middle and lower management can be a crap shoot -- seek out a great boss (there's many at Netflix) and avoid the bad ones (unfortunately, Netflix has those too). There is a level of 'playing the game' but not to an extent that I'd say is greater than anywhere else. Corporate philosophy does not emphasize coaching (but does not ban it) -- so you need to seek out your own mentors or strengthen your team (if you're a lead) by figuring out career/skills grown on your own.

Senior Software Engineer

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time

Pros: * Best place if you just want to work with great technically capable folks. * 15-20% higher pay but if you actually consider everything, it might… Cons: * Worst place where all technically capable folks are also so heavy on political games within the team. Also it depends on which team you… Advice to Senior Management: * Gets rid of all mediocre managers, directors and those stupid engineers. * Change the culture of fear from its root… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Competitive Company with Opportunities for The MOST Ambitious

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros: free food, and flexible scheduling is promoted, although in a call center, this schedule flexability is not really existent. Senior and Middle management try their… Cons: truthfully, their open door policy on who's getting fired, or what changes are happening can be somewhat stressful at times. you don't feel a sense… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.