Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Very good learning experience at a cost of a lot of heartache

Customer Service Supervisor III (Former Employee)
Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPay and benefits. They typically pay above scale and provide benefits from the time you become a full time employee.

ConsManagement, on several occasions missed their mark on several key initiatives in the center. Specifically they never had a clue what was happening on the floor in regards to employee satisfaction and were never involved in developing employees to rank up.

"Manage up or out" was stated on several occasions and this approach is what developed a culture of fear in the call center. High turnover is never a positive motivating factor and management was quick to let go of the people who stood against that ideal.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would share advice but management seems to agree with Hastings' approach of shooting from the hip and not listening to his trusted advisors.

Great company but needs to improve career development

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Netflix full-time

Pros: Colleagues are fantastic. People very smart and culture is collaborative. Work on… Cons: Experience at the company highly depends on your specific manager and team and getting good… Advice to Senior Management: Better processes / standards for promotion and greater opportunities for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Was sad to see the company change so much in one year

Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee)
Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lots of room to make your own decisions and think… Cons: When the price change occurred it was a cluster bomb that went off. Then it was announced the company was splitting to two (one DVD… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure your mid-level management knows anything key before the public gets it through the blogs, etc. They have to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.