Netflix
www.netflix.com Los Gatos, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Operations Manager-DVD Hub

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

ProsCompletely on your own for running the business, making day to day decisions on employees (hiring and firing)

ConsHigh pressure, high stress, little to no room for advancement. High turnover in the management ranks and the front line employees get almost no benefuts. You have unlimited vacation but never get a chance to use it. Micromanaged by every person above you unless things fgo wrong-then you are on your won.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have great managers int he feild. Let them do the job you hired them to, reward them for the 10-14 hour days, and set back and reap the harvest of their efforts in the feild. Also, as many hub managers as you have turnover, you might need to look at the operational set-up and ask yourself why the average lifesapn of a manager is 12-18 months!!

Work Hard Play Hard

Product Design (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great place to work lots of fun Cons: There are when things get put into overdrive. Advice to Senior Management: keep up the good work! More

Bright people who are fun to work with in very high-performance culture

Vice President (Former Employee)
Los Gatos, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Walk the walk consistent with the well-articulated culture. Very focused. Clear, well-articulated strategy… Cons: A bit of a culture of fear articulated as "the sniper in the building" as some new hires and long-time employees are either bad fit… Advice to Senior Management: Keep hiring and growing stars across all areas of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Netflix.

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.