There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Terrible. They bring you on as a temp, and withhold health benefits for up to a year.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Hillsboro, OR (US)
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Free account! Streaming and eight DVDs at a time.

Cons

They hired on hundreds as temps and told all of us we would be "converted" and receiving health benefits within three months, or be fired for poor performance. Well, that never happened. We were all strung along, some of us were fired, but by the time six months came along only 30 of the remaining 250 temp employees were given health insurance. they kept telling us, "maybe next month." When I finally quit and told them why, I was told that they were using benefits as a performance motivator, and they extended the conversion time frame to a year. I told them that health insurance is something that GOOD employers give their employers, not a performance motivator, and that they needed to find a better way to motivate their employees. Disgusting.

Give your employees some respect. Give them health insurance, and offer the cash bonus as a quarterly incentive if they triple crown.

402 Other Employee Reviews for Netflix (View Most Recent)

Careful: If you happen to be fired for any reason, it is broadcast to everyone you worked with!

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Los Gatos, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros

You might work with some very bright people and make good friends
    Opportunity to learn some very interesting skills and technologies
    Above market salary as long as it lasts

Cons

You might get all verbal accolades and encouragement till one fine day you are told that you are no longer needed!
    Managers could be picked randomly based on seniority from your peers if one leaves and may have little people skills.
    Firing, if it happens to you, is public, humiliating and outright insulting with a terse broadcast email.

Advice to potential applicants:
    - Do not close your eyes to all the reviews on Glassdoor, thinking you are too smart too be fired
    - Do account for the potential time you might have to stay without job while comparing the salary to other places

Treat your employees with respect.

Working for the Nazis.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hillsboro, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Good pay and good benefits.

Cons

Too much stress and degrading. I never felt so disrespected in my life.

Get off your high horse and remember you are dealing with people, not your subjects!

There are newer employer reviews for Netflix

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!