Neogen

www.neogen.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Neogen

This place is a nightmare.

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Lexington, KY (US)
Former Employee - Territory Manager in Lexington, KY (US)

I worked at Neogen

Pros

Good products, attend great trade shows.

Cons

Management is a joke. All that goes on in that company is everyone trying to blame everyone else for work that hasn't been done. Pay is horrible unless you are from Marion County.

Try to communicate better. There is no communication in that building. Also, check out your managers and try to figure out what they are actually doing.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Neogen (View Most Recent)

If pay isn't important to you, this is a GREAT place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI (US)

I have been working at Neogen full-time

Pros

Friendly management, fun environment, and just a lot of feel good vibes from a company that's doing "good" work. Solid training and a visible promote-from-within policy. Reasonably-priced health coverage, good 401k and stock purchase plan, and generous time off allowances.

Cons

Staffing often feels inadequate. The low wage makes it impossible to really utilize the benefits. Seriously, I have to explain to people all of the other positives of working here so they don't think I'm insane when I tell them I'm making $2/hour less than market. Few coworkers I know can afford to contribute to their own 401k and none can afford to take advantage of the stock purchase plan (which is a tremendous perk if you have the money to spend).

Every year we're told we're awesome, that we've had huge income growth, and that our products are just selling themselves. So can you maybe look at increasing the wage scale? Sales people get great commissions and perks. It would be nice if the remaining rank and file did as well.

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Lexington Manor, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Lexington Manor, KY (US)

I have been working at Neogen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's such a laid back company. This has been my all time favorite job. Good benefits. Great coworkers.

Cons

The salary needs to be higher. Neogen likes to keep putting more responsibities on your plate without giving you a raise.

Treat everyone equal.