Neogen
www.neogen.com Lansing, MI 500 to 999 Employees

Good place to start but no true potential for growth. Corporate does not care about the employees.

Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

I have been working at Neogen full-time

ProsMost of the people that I work with here are good people who deserve better. If you stay here long enough you will get promoted just for having seniority.

ConsPay and compensation is very low when compared to the rest of the industry. Corporate does not care about its employees. The investors are the only ones who matter to corpoarte, not the people who make the company successful by traveling and leaving their families behind for low compensation. VERY high turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your employees for their hard work and dedication to their job. A happy work enviroment and worker will get your more production and sales.

Very low pay but good entry level experience

Research Technician (Former Employee)
Lansing, MI (US)

I worked at Neogen full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great people. Enjoyed my day. Team work ethic. Not micromanaged.… Cons: Poor pay for the level of education and experience most employees have. CEO continually has meetings about how well the company is doing, growing, investing… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more. Reward employees. Happiness on the job makes people stay… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Insulting

Research Scientist (Current Employee)
Lansing, MI (US)

I have been working at Neogen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: People are a pro, they make the job bearable. … Cons: -Pay is dismal -Minimal Recognition -No Advancement Opportunity -Placation of concerns by Management -No… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your people. When 5 year gross pay equals 12x less than Jim Herbert's 2012 bonus pay, this is unacceptable. Build a culture… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Neogen.

Worked for Neogen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neogen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Neogen CEO James L. Herbert. All reviews posted anonymously by Neogen employees.