Neiman Marcus

www.neimanmarcus.com
  www.neimanmarcus.com
There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

not the best place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Palo Alto, CA (US)
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

amazing clothes and products and discounts but I spent all my money there

Cons

rude caty snotty staff, very competitive staff, upper management stand offish and nasty, to many staff to little customers can get boring, not seeing daylight being trapped in a department store all day, only get commission if you break your target and if you dont break your target then that negative gets carried over to next month so you end up in a big hole which you can never get out of and you get unfair targets and its unrealistic sales goals

reward staff more

389 Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus (View Most Recent)

A new challenge each day.

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Neiman Marcus part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Neiman Marcus is a great place to work. One will definitely learn something new each day. The key to success is overcoming obstacles in a professional manner. Your customer is priority number one.It is your job to make them feel that intent on your part.

Cons

The working environment can be a challenge at times due to the way the selling style has changed. Your job is to stay focused on the task at hand and do not forget to follow through with each and every customer you assist.

Don't expect your employees to do anything that you yourself would not do.

Good company with great benefits.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pros – It is very easy to communicate with team members and management. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help each other out to get the task at hand done. Work with happy people with nice smiling faces.
     Discounts are great. Free iphone.

Cons

Cons – upper-middle management is very focused on numbers. Too many associates not enough customers.Could be very boring at times if you are someone who likes a more fast paced place of work. No room to advance. Our manager expects us to be willing to work 24/7 and also frequently tells us that we are all "disposable" and "replaceable". Talk about motivation to show up.

Please appreciate your team.. Listen, contemplate and revise, sometimes there is another way. Don't treat your employees like they are five years old, give them real, constructive criticism to help build and groom each person - not make us feel as though we are 5 years old.

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus