Neiman Marcus

www.neimanmarcus.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus

Very Satisfied

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, ideal place to meet great people.

Cons

too much micro-management, unwilling to be held accountable.

Learn the skill of precise decision making.

426 Other Employee Reviews for Neiman Marcus (View Most Recent)

Biggest disappointment of my career

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Neiman Marcus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and work/life balance.

Cons

Lack of leadership: upper management/executives are not concerned about developing, motivating, empowering and valuing their mid-level management (in my division, even the associates' bonus were higher than the mid-management). If you are innovative, committed and want to work for a company that cares, run from Neiman Marcus - they do not value employees and do not give you chance to grown - their "executive development program accepts 70 % of external candidates and only 30% of internal ones...blame it on "diversity"!
    If you are a thinker and challenge initiatives or decisions, NM is not the company for you either - as they cannot lead, they prefer people that can execute without questioning anything.
    If you are in retail and have the dream to work for Neiman Marcus (as many of us do...), consider it twice - it is likely to become a nightmare.

You might want to review how your upper management/executives lead people - business is not only about numbers...without people you fail big.
    You might want to question why change is so difficult in this company - or might want to challenge they 25+ years working for Neiman Marcus type of manager/executive that cannot understand the changes, the times or the new market needs and won't let innovation get to this old minded-obsolete company.
    You might want to listen to employees that are committed and there to make a difference, that are questioning your practices and policies. You might want to look a little deeper into different divisions of this company and understand that all of them are equally important and should be valued.
    Without that, in the first opportunity, your good employees will leave you for your competition. Good luck!

Great environment to work in but.........

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Irving, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at Neiman Marcus full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is a sense of togetherness. Everyone wants to help each other to be successful.There are opportunities to move up after 6 months of employment.

Cons

We were hired as full time associates. Because business has been slow our paychecks have been 55-60 hours instead of 80!!! Don't our bills and families matter? It does not feel good to be able to earn full time hours when it is convenient for the company.

Allow us to earn the hours we were hired for. Morale is not very good among workers. We have went through a tedious training process to be hired full time......now we're not being given those hours. Making so little hours I cannot afford insurance!!

There are newer employer reviews for Neiman Marcus