Liars and Backstabbers intermixed with excellent people.

I worked at Navigant Consulting full-time

Pros

Current technology, great pay, some of the people who work there are incredibly talented.

Cons

The culture there does not demand accountability or respect of others. It is very much a finger pointing environment, so unfortunately, not much is accomplished. People appear to be more interested in protecting their jobs and salary as opposed to truly helping clients.

Create an environment of accountability.

Other Reviews for Navigant Consulting

Great at what they do, but really bad with people working for them

I worked at Navigant Consulting

Pros

experts working there really know their fields; benefits,

Cons

there is zero company culture

Less politics, more collaboration

Inconsistent management and narrowly defined verticals

Current Employee - Managing Consultant  in  Burlington, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Burlington, MA (US)

I have been working at Navigant Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've stayed at Navigant much longer than I should have because I love my coworkers. Hands down, they are the best. Smart, highly qualified, and passionate about the work (we're in the energy practice.)

Cons

However, it doesn't matter that I have wonderful, smart, coworkers. The majority of the work is large government contracts, which is repetitive and mind numbing on a good day. There are some offices that have a better mix of contracts (not all government work) but that is the minority in Navigant Energy. How quickly you move up also depends on who you work for. I've seen people in other parts of the practice get promoted year after year, while other managing directors seem to believe in a tenure track system wherein they will not consider promoting their staff until 3-4 years have passed at one level.

Reward your staff for being the overachieving ambitious workers that they are, and be consistent about it across the company. I know you're talking about consistency, but we have yet to see it filter down to the bottom of the totem pole.
    Get out there and get us more work to do than these giant 3-5 year government contracts of rote work. You hire the best, from top institutions, why give us such unimaginative assignments?

There are newer employer reviews for Navigant Consulting.

Worked for Navigant Consulting? Contribute to the Community!