National Instruments

www.ni.com

A safe retirement home for ok engineers

Staff Test Engineer (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsCan't get fired. Great healthcare. Innovative products. Fairly lax culture. There is a wide breadth of technologies you can gain experience with and there are a good amount of sharing of knowledge one can learn from.

ConsExtremely conservative. Don't expect pay raises ever. There is little difference in work put in vs. career gains out. You're mainly at the mercy of upper management in terms of your career as the company is so understaffed that you'll simply be put where they need you right now. A lot of "band-aid" engineering and quality engineering and design process is never the expectation. Mediocre engineering is the norm here as accountability is close to zero. Extreme department to department differences in where the company places value vs value provided to company. Company acts as if it's still based out of the CEO's garage with 20 employees. Terrible cross-company messaging.

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster and hold onto talent rather than replacing with college new hires. Pay competitively. Employees work for incentives whereas Dr. T works for the love of it. Recognize the difference.

Great work culture depending on the team

Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

I have been working at National Instruments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - Great work culture in most teams. - Some good projects happening. If you… Cons: - Can get stuck with certain technologies. - Very few senior technical leaders in Bangalore office. - May be difficult to switch to other core software… Advice to Senior Management: - Get the pay hikes on par, or risk attrition. - More travel to Austin. It increases rapport. This is especially useful given my above complaint… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Team of smart young engineers, really fun environment, but stressful when the time calls for it

Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at National Instruments full-time

Pros: - Alot to learn and offer to young graduates in… Cons: - Occasional politics friction betweem tech team and sales team Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on National Instruments.

Worked for National Instruments? Contribute to the Community!