National Heritage Academies

www.nhaschools.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for National Heritage Academies

Great company to start out career in education

Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Detroit, MI (US)
Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at National Heritage Academies

Pros

Some of the best reasons include the new innovative approach to classroom learning. When one thing is not bringing the test score results then Supervisors are more than willing to try another learning style. Another observation is the indivdualism of classroom management for the educator. Educator's appear to be encouraged to try new styles of learning within the guidelines and circulum.

Cons

The benefits of Medical and dental only apply to fulltime employees and I believe there is no tenuring into the company. Parapro's posistions are only contigent upon title one funding.

Advice to Management

Perhaps to cut some of the paperwork and tracking some the teacher is able to concentrate on more of the classroom.

reviews filtered by
  1. Recruiter Assistant

Current Contractor - Recruiting Assistant
    Current Contractor - Recruiting Assistant

I have been working at National Heritage Academies as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I have searched high and low for an organization I can believe in. I have watched the service center drop everything to make a change, organize a committee, and work tirelessly around the clock to insure each decision is made to benefit the students, the classroom experience, the salaries for the teachers, the constant support for the instructors, and teamwork unlike anywhere I have every worked.
    The charter school I toured was very impressive, the teachers were amazing and the strict standards NHA holds their staff to is very tough but it needs to be in order to service the students that are at-risk.

Cons

It takes 5 years to build a school with the loop holes the education system has in place, unfortunately there are more students than open slots available which break my heart.

Advice to Management

Keep recruiting passionate professionals and you'll be at the top.

2. Great company!

Current Intern - Special Events Intern in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Current Intern - Special Events Intern in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I have been working at National Heritage Academies as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The NHA organization as a whole is awesome! I mainly worked with the special events team and learned so much over the course of my four month internship. I was given a lot of responsibility and really grew as a professional.

Cons

Long hours during event weeks.