National Heritage Academies

www.nhaschools.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for National Heritage Academies

Great company to start out career in education

Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Detroit, MI (US)
Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at National Heritage Academies

Pros

Some of the best reasons include the new innovative approach to classroom learning. When one thing is not bringing the test score results then Supervisors are more than willing to try another learning style. Another observation is the indivdualism of classroom management for the educator. Educator's appear to be encouraged to try new styles of learning within the guidelines and circulum.

Cons

The benefits of Medical and dental only apply to fulltime employees and I believe there is no tenuring into the company. Parapro's posistions are only contigent upon title one funding.

Perhaps to cut some of the paperwork and tracking some the teacher is able to concentrate on more of the classroom.

51 Other Employee Reviews for National Heritage Academies (View Most Recent)

Great company!

Current Intern - Special Events Intern in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Current Intern - Special Events Intern in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I have been working at National Heritage Academies as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The NHA organization as a whole is awesome! I mainly worked with the special events team and learned so much over the course of my four month internship. I was given a lot of responsibility and really grew as a professional.

Cons

Long hours during event weeks.

Overworked & Underpaid

Current Employee - Admissions Representative
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative

I have been working at National Heritage Academies

Pros

Flexible hours, make your own schedule, determine events to participate in. company cell phone (or cell phone allowance), marketing budget with corporate card. Most of the staff is friendly and supportive.

Cons

Role has transformed into more of a sales role including more nights and weekends. Although there is a bonus incentive, it is minimal for a typical sales role. No opportunity for career growth unless you are willing to move to Grand Rapids.

Develop a career path for employees out in the field, compensate employees for crazy hours worked on nights, weekends, and holidays.

There are newer employer reviews for National Heritage Academies