National HME

There are newer employer reviews for National HME

Some good some bad

Current Employee - Driver
Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at National HME full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Alot of hours means more money
working outside and to some degree on your own schedule

Cons

the hours can be a bit much if you have a family
pay not nearly enough for your effort

You say the drivers are the most important part but pay them like they are expendable. Too keep good people you have to compensate them.

34 Other Employee Reviews for National HME (View Most Recent)

RE “If you are considering this company, you really DON'T want to work here.”

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at National HME full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I cant believe what I am reading here, this is my story to a tee! I was a former branch manager there, and your story is identical to mine.

Cons

I dont know where to start. Basically, I could copy and paste the other managers review, and every word of it would be my experience as well. Even down to the fact that I was asked about my religious beliefs. Funny that when my views didnt agree with the boys down in Texas, I was let go a week later. There were other problems much larger than that, including staffing issues, vehicle issues, sales reps that would flat out lie to referrals, and then ask me to cover their behind. Senior managers would not answer emails, phone calls, etc. It was horrible, a wasted eight months of my life. But, very happy not to have stayed there. Best thing that could have ever happened.

If you are considering this company, you really DON'T want to work here.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at National HME full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Like everyone has said here, its Hospice. You help people in their final days.

Cons

A recent ex employee of mine recently told me about this site and I couldn’t not post my story.I can tell you that this is not a company you want to work for.No matter what song and dance they give you, run away.Despite their “ faith in god”they couldn’t be any farther from that.

I was hired as a manager and told how great the company is, great support, great people, asked if I believe in god (good thing I did my research before interviewing), and told how I would manage a branch in an emerging region.

In my short tenure there, I saw 4 regional managers.Three were fired during my time and the fourth was recently let go. The first two were horrible, the second two were amazing,I was perplexed at the firing of the third and fourth as they put more hours in then anyone I knew.I was told “budgetary” constraints.Yet I’m well aware of the lavish lifestyle that the managers at corporate had. Having traveled to corporate and seen the lexus cars first hand, it was extremely disappointing. I was actually never managing and was expected to function as a driver.IE work on call, work nights, weekends, etc.This was all due to the fact that they wouldn’t provide enough staff to run the business.I had to rent a truck and convince some people that we were a real company despite no identification on our trucks.When inquiring with my manager, I was told that they are going off of Texas numbers and that there was nothing we could do (adding additional staff).Well I voiced my concerns to the past CEO George Robertson (wonder why he is no longer), I was belittled and told to do my job. He would not take my calls or respond to emails after that and told my boss I had to go (even though he disagreed with him).

I went out on a few sales calls with a rep (before he quit) and then had a new rep who lied all the time as well per the direction of her boss.They would blatantly lie to customers to get the business and leave me to pick up the pieces.If you are thinking about operations, be aware of this, they will lie to grow this business. It will fall on you for the failure even though you didn’t make the false promises.

In the end,most managers outside of Texas are no longer with the company as they questioned the authority of senior management.The smart ones left(such as myself). Others simply got let go because they couldn’t meet the demands of the sales people who lied.

The Father son outfit I hear is no longer as the Father stepped down.I highly doubt that it was on his own accord as he was running the business into the ground.

I knew how frustrated my drivers were and didn’t have any options due to the economy.They have all left (4 of them) so that should be a red flag as well if you are applying for those positions.The expectations are unrealistic to say the least.

There are national DME companies that you should work for.While none of them are perfect, my drivers that came from there are now back there today (3 out of 4).That should tell you something.The grass isn’t always greener just because you use astroturf.

Start over or sell to someone that knows how to run a company.

There are newer employer reviews for National HME