NCH
www.nch.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Highly Micromanaged

Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at NCH

ProsSales training program in St Louis did a good job of teaching someone how to deal with any conceivable objection.

ConsChemsearch had me prospecting over 90% of time. Their sales training program wanted us to utilize a whole host of "novelties" (GIVEAWAY GIFTS) during our initial warmup before sales pitch. As an example, secretary/"gatekeepers' would be given hand lotion, most male prospects would be given a pliers plus multitool or fishing filet knife during warmup.
My boss wanted me to make "70 dials" every Monday to get appointments with buyers! He would call me different times to know how many 'dials I had made thus far along with how appointments I had made. Then he would ride with me every week in field and break down every sales call to what I did right and wrong. Ultimately, I could not take the boss constantly calling me at home along with micromanaging sales calls so I happily RESIGNED ! Ironically enough, the day I resigned, I recieved a company memo showing, I was top dog for number of new accounts.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I am getting the new accounts for your company.....then leave me alone !!! Let me adopt my own sales approach which worked ! If your own trainers boast in class that 60-70% of new hires in class wont be here one year from now, then you have a problem !!! I wrote this review after seeing Chemsearch running employment ads again for each of 2 major cities in my state.

Great most of the time.

Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at NCH

Pros: NCH as a company is great! The people are… Cons: Management does not know what they are doing. They will lie on your review if they do not… Advice to Senior Management: Treat people with respect. Be honorable, if you do not like them, do not lie on them. Quality code… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Overall it is a good company. Just as most businesses, there is always room for improvement.

I have been working at NCH

Pros: Company's benefits appear to be in-line with other companies. Company recently instituted an… Cons: Company's computer systems, software and applications could afford to be… Advice to Senior Management: Management should seriously consider updating the computer systems, software and… More

There are newer reviews on NCH.

Worked for NCH? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NCH reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NCH CEO Irvin L. Levy. All reviews posted anonymously by NCH employees.