There are newer employer reviews for Motley Fool

This is a special place.

Current Employee - Analyst in Alexandria, VA (US)
Current Employee - Analyst in Alexandria, VA (US)

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time

Pros

A meaningful purpose, passionate colleagues, strong leadership, excellent benefits, flexible schedules, and the opportuity to work beside and learn from some of the best investors in the world.

Cons

There's always so many fun things going on around FoolHQ that it can sometimes be hard to get work done.

Advice to Management

While Fools are motivated by our purpose, challenging work assignments, development opportunities, and a host of other factors, our actual cash compensation is also important to many of us. Please don't forget that.

Oct 24, 2014

We are so excited to be recognized for all of the reasons you cite in your post! We believe the “pros” you mention are cornerstones of our organization. Compensation is extremely important and it’s a ... More

reviews filtered by

Great place to work

Current Employee - Developer in Alexandria, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Developer in Alexandria, VA (US)

I have been working at Motley Fool full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a great environment to solve problems. The management really cares about it's employees and the benefits show that.

Cons

There's a lot of dead weight. Turnover is very low because it's a great place to work. Management, seemingly, gets attached to employees that have either outlasted their value or were never valuable to begin with. This demotivates "high-performers" and makes it difficult to hire and retain quality employees.

Advice to Management

Netflix, steal their ideas. Fire people that don't perform 20% above the mean.

Oct 24, 2014

We absolutely think of ourselves as a group of dedicated people who collaborate to solve problems for our members. Thanks for recognizing us! We have reviewed our policies and spend more time than ... More

2. Great

I have been working at Motley Fool

Pros

A fun atmosphere, with lots of smart, fun colleagues. Intellectually stimulating, with guest speakers, more. Generous benefits.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Oct 24, 2014

Thanks so much for your review! We’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying the benefits, atmosphere and stimulation from collaborating with Fools!