MoneyGram International

www.moneygram.com

Best Money Transfer Service Worldwide

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV  in  Saint Louis Park, MN (US)
Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Saint Louis Park, MN (US)

Pros

Provides much needed competition for Western Union by offering superior competitive services at a lower cost. Without MoneyGram, Western Union would surely be able to have nearly a monopoly and would charge higher fees for its services. The ability to work remotely can save money on gas. I like that my desk phone is a direct number so I don't have to give an extension like I have at some companies I have worked for in the past. Having an attached parking ramp to park in for free is definitely a plus. While I might miss the skyway in downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, I do not miss the high priced parking they have.

Cons

Benefits could be better as health co-payment are higher than any place I have ever worked before. There is way too much management and not enough people to do the real work in IT. Too many people in too little of space as they are moving people from other floors to one. Cubicles are inadequate for some jobs for the work involved.

Other reviews for MoneyGram International

I worked at MGI only one year because I needed additional part-time income

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Lakewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakewood, CO (US)

Pros

My supervisor was great...always encouraging. She always took time during reviews to build me up and give me suggestions for continued improvement.

Cons

For me, sitting at a computer on the phone all day gets old. If I had stayed with them I would have tried to move to something other than front line customer service.

Have some way for employees to explore possible career paths within the company that seem to fit their strengths and passion(s) based on testing.

Excellent company to learn and improve global management skills

Pros

Most global midsize company. Lots of global opportunities. Good sound senior leadership.

Cons

Some departments might have limited growth opportunities

Provide growth opportunities like rotation programs.

There are newer employer reviews for MoneyGram International.

Worked for MoneyGram International? Contribute to the Community!