There are newer employer reviews for Modern Woodmen

a place were self motivated people excel.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

set own schedule, great income potential, a lot of motivators provided by the company, great training and assistance from co-workers and management.

Cons

Long nights, hard to get time off, and missing out on family time very frequently. Looking forward to establishing my buisness so I can enjoy myself a but more. Starting out is difficult but rewarding.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Modern Woodmen (View Most Recent)

Awesome opportunity to help others.

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

Great Fraternal Organization with benefits to help members prepare for financial security if they live, die, or quit working. Modern Woodmen provides both financial services and service opportunities for members.

Cons

Difficult to budget for a new agent as you learn to sell. Commissions from month to month can range between $0 to unlimited..

If there were anything I would do different, it would be to put more emphasis on building character of the agents and less on pushing for securities licensing. Also, promotions of family members should only be given on merit.

a wonderful experiance

Current Employee - Financial Representative
    Current Employee - Financial Representative

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

Freedom to set your own schedule and run your own business the way you wish. You are your own boss!

Cons

Compensation is not all that great but it's also a very hard position right now with the loss of jobs

Focus more on the financial planning for reps and less on insurance. Modern Woodmen is known as a life insurance company and not a financial services company.

There are newer employer reviews for Modern Woodmen