Modern Woodmen
www.modern-woodmen.org Rock Island, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

No Idea What They're Doing

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros-You were able to create your own schedule and they were very flexible with accomodating different training sessions.

Cons-The fact they represent themselves as financial advisors is scary. They have no knowledge other than how to talk people up and make them feel like they know what they are talking about.
-They give no base pay to start out and the training they provide is inadequate.
-Their business model is to bring in as many people as possible, have them call all their friends and family, and whoever survives they enjoy the roll down from their comissions and who doesn't is not their problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop tricking innocent people into believing you know what you're talking about. Gain some type of knowledge of what your selling and stop trying to throw the product with the biggest commission at every client no matter their present situation.

Pick your own hours, but translates to picking your own salary

Hastings, MN (US)

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros: -you decide when your hours are -unlimited income opportunities -good support staff Cons: -training was subpar, had to learn how to do things… Advice to Senior Management: offer more training to interns, they will end up being… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Hands down the best company to work for ever.

Financial Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros: Very generous with their pay. Recognition is awesome. My father has worked here for 40 years and… Cons: Lots of hours but worth it. Nothing else much negative… Advice to Senior Management: Some of the best people to work with in the industry. I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Modern Woodmen.

Worked for Modern Woodmen? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Modern Woodmen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Modern Woodmen CEO W. Kenny Massey. All reviews posted anonymously by Modern Woodmen employees.