There are newer employer reviews for Mobile Doctors

Mobile Doctors has been a fulfilling experience, that has provided me with the professional development I was seeking.

I have been working at Mobile Doctors full-time

Pros

Mobile Doctors takes the time to invest in employees. I had the best training I have EVER had. This company also rewards hard work. I was promoted at my 100 day review. This is the type of place that will recognize you if you are meeting/exceeding expectations. You truly can create your own professional future at this company.

Cons

We recently moved, and my commute is much longer than it was before. Also, I don't have as many public transportation options, as I used to have at the other location.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Mobile Doctors (View Most Recent)

Has great potential, but inept management will destroy some of their satellite offices

I worked at Mobile Doctors part-time for less than a year

Pros

In a market where it's difficult for college graduates to immediately land a job, this company grants you a chance to get experience and is a decent stepping-stone to more lucrative jobs in the healthcare management arena. They also tout the notion of promoting within their company, so there seems to be opportunities for advancement at a fairly young age, and with the goal to open 3-4 offices every calendar year, some people may be able to open a new office in a location of their choosing.

Cons

Some advancements perhaps happen way too early---4-6 months for advancement is too early for a 22 or 23-year old (unless they are making absolutely GENIUS moves which is often not the case), and especially for those older staff that lack emotional maturity. It is often you will encounter ineffectual leaders in this company, especially those that embrace the notion of micromanagement and passive-aggressive approaches to things. Also, be wary of the prospect of advancement---you may get pushed into a role that doesn't match your skill set because your office is desperate for staff, and they don't want to train a new hire. The CEO often puts blind faith in inept people and their decisions, avoiding confrontation if necessary, and the worst is that they have yet to see their new offices, months after they have gone live. Beware of the HR department too---they used to go by a 3rd-party company, but as of 2013, have made their HR internal. This can be frightening as it gives them free reign to engage in questionable decisions with more freedom. You will also find great disorganization in several of the offices, and with the desire to open 3-4 offices each year, quality (providing offices with the adequate tools and resources to function properly) gets sacrificed. Lastly, don't expect loyalty to hold true in this company---you can be working for this company for months and be promised a position for advancement and will get passed up on a promotion by someone who interviews on the first day.

To the CEO: you should realize that when a manager has high turnover in their offices, that should be a red flag. A "my way or the highway" approach is not going to bring you the best employees. You should encourage growing your current personnel and embracing their talents, and realize that your leaders might be the problem. This would help morale, and maybe your staff would want to stay around---at HQ and satellite offices.

This is one of a few companies that thinks micromanagement works; it doesn't. Give people a chance and flexibility to use their broad range talents, and also acknowledge that every regional market is different---you shouldn't have to put a cookie cutter approach to establishing a branch office.

Mobile Doctors

I have been working at Mobile Doctors

Pros

Nearly 100% of all promotions come from within. Due to aggressive growth plans, new positions and/or leadership opportunities are always being created to reward employee's who excel in their current position. Mobile Doctors also gives new college grads a chance who don't necessarily have a lot of work experience. These new grads go through a thorough training program where they get exposure to all departments in a branch office.

Cons

Although there is an employee parking lot, sometimes it is a little difficult to find parking in the morning but I guess that is just the city of Chicago for you!

There are newer employer reviews for Mobile Doctors

Worked for Mobile Doctors? Contribute to the Community!