Mobile Doctors

www.mobiledoctors.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Mobile Doctors

Mobile Doctors has been a fulfilling experience, that has provided me with the professional development I was seeking.

I have been working at Mobile Doctors full-time

Pros

Mobile Doctors takes the time to invest in employees. I had the best training I have EVER had. This company also rewards hard work. I was promoted at my 100 day review. This is the type of place that will recognize you if you are meeting/exceeding expectations. You truly can create your own professional future at this company.

Cons

We recently moved, and my commute is much longer than it was before. Also, I don't have as many public transportation options, as I used to have at the other location.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Mobile Doctors (View Most Recent)

Has great potential, but inept management will destroy some of their satellite offices

I worked at Mobile Doctors part-time (less than a year)

Pros

In a market where it's difficult for college graduates to immediately land a job, this company grants you a chance to get experience and is a decent stepping-stone to more lucrative jobs in the healthcare management arena. They also tout the notion of promoting within their company, so there seems to be opportunities for advancement at a fairly young age, and with the goal to open 3-4 offices every calendar year, some people may be able to open a new office in a location of their choosing.

Cons

Some advancements perhaps happen way too early---4-6 months for advancement is too early for a 22 or 23-year old (unless they are making absolutely GENIUS moves which is often not the case), and especially for those older staff that lack emotional maturity. It is often you will encounter ineffectual leaders in this company, especially those that embrace the notion of micromanagement and passive-aggressive approaches to things. Also, be wary of the prospect of advancement---you may get pushed into a role that doesn't match your skill set because your office is desperate for staff, and they don't want to train a new hire. The CEO often puts blind faith in inept people and their decisions, avoiding confrontation if necessary, and the worst is that they have yet to see their new offices, months after they have gone live. Beware of the HR department too---they used to go by a 3rd-party company, but as of 2013, have made their HR internal. This can be frightening as it gives them free reign to engage in questionable decisions with more freedom. You will also find great disorganization in several of the offices, and with the desire to open 3-4 offices each year, quality (providing offices with the adequate tools and resources to function properly) gets sacrificed. Lastly, don't expect loyalty to hold true in this company---you can be working for this company for months and be promised a position for advancement and will get passed up on a promotion by someone who interviews on the first day.

To the CEO: you should realize that when a manager has high turnover in their offices, that should be a red flag. A "my way or the highway" approach is not going to bring you the best employees. You should encourage growing your current personnel and embracing their talents, and realize that your leaders might be the problem. This would help morale, and maybe your staff would want to stay around---at HQ and satellite offices.

This is one of a few companies that thinks micromanagement works; it doesn't. Give people a chance and flexibility to use their broad range talents, and also acknowledge that every regional market is different---you shouldn't have to put a cookie cutter approach to establishing a branch office.

Good Job Out of College

I worked at Mobile Doctors full-time

Pros

Mobile Doctors is eager to hire new college grads, so it is easy to secure a position within the company. The company is also experiencing a lot of growth, so there are some opportunities for advancement.

Cons

-Upper management/CEO uses scare tactic management in attempt to correct mistakes.
    -It is almost impossible/frowned upon to take vacation time since there are limited employees at the branches.
    -Poor benefits, lowest tier salary, raises/reviews are not done as scheduled due to lack of time for employees.
    -issues with communication and organization due to limited staffing and growth of the company
    -cold calls to seniors, almost seemingly conning podiatry patients into medical services.
    -hiring of inadequate doctors because of low salary- most have histories of malpractice suits, firings, etc. the doctors are needed to grow the business so disciplinary measures are few and far between.
    -CEO treats employees as they are just a number, often insulting in front of employees they manage
    -Often work 12 hour days, work hours are 8:30-4:30 regularly, so there is not a paid lunch period or room for a lunch at all
    -Meetings are filled with gossip, often issues don't get resolved.

Organization, respect and appreciate your employees, pay higher wages, or expect frequent turnover.

There are newer employer reviews for Mobile Doctors