There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Wonderful learning experience. Great place to spend a few years.

I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, lots of resources at your disposal. Amazing corporate culture, wonderful opportunity to be among some of the brightest people in United States.

Cons

Very stressful. Managers are not professionally trained and do not seem accountable for decisions effecting employees. Long term career paths are not clear.

Train managers, create better long term retention of employees. Give people advancement based on experience as well as performance. Often the employees that take a lot of risk are also the ones that fail.

8096 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II  in  Redmond, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II in Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Good name on Resume
    2. Flexibility
    3. Work Life Balance

Cons

1. Politics
    2. Lack of vision

Microsoft is high drive where enough is never enough.

Former Employee - Program Manager II  in  Redmond, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Program Manager II in Redmond, WA (US)

I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

work with crazy smart people. it's rare you would ever hear someone say "that is not my job." The phrase "work hard, play hard" sums up my experience. At times you will work long hours and other times can have a more balanced life.

Cons

it's a big company and takes a lot of meetings to get things done. The review model pretty much is a bummer. Good is rarely good enough. If you do the job you were hired to do and do it well, you will only get an average review.

you need to do a better job embracing customer service. Upper management will talk about the customer being centric to what we do, but reality we are so focused on our internal processes, the customer, at times gets lost.

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!