There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

It was fantastic

Current Employee - Program Manager Intern  in  Bellevue, WA (US)
Current Employee - Program Manager Intern in Bellevue, WA (US)

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

The internship program is obviously designed to fix any problems before they occur. I had very clear project expectations, lots of positive feedback, great working conditions, and excellent compensation.

Cons

The only major downside was the fact my project had trouble finding programmers to actually implement the planned feature, but my manager compensated very well.

It's hard to think of any way to improve - my overall experience was amazing. I guess the major problem is trying to coordinate so many projects in so many discrete departments.

8056 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

Very satisfying

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer  in  Bellevue, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Bellevue, WA (US)

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

Amazing resources, smart people, decent package.

Cons

The city is not great. Communication between leadership and the team is not good.

Challenging work with lots of smart people

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

Work with lots of smart people. Work on products that are visible to millions of people. Great brand recognition, which is good for your career as a whole. Great benefits and a flexible work environment.

Cons

The company is huge, and inevitably this makes it slower than smaller companies. Despite best efforts to remove unnecessary process, there's still a lot of necessary process that comes with writing software that ships to millions of customers, which reduces perceived agility within the engineering team. Vertical career advancement opportunities are slow to develop.

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!