Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com

Not a very pleasant experience.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Brighton, MI (US)
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brighton, MI (US)

Pros

The employee discount was nice, but did not make up for the various shortcomings of the job. Not much more to say.

Cons

Unpleasant management staff that were rude to employees. Not very much training offered.

Try being more polite to workers.

Other reviews for Michaels Stores

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Cashier  in  San Jose, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier in San Jose, CA (US)

Pros

Management was extremely friendly and willing to help whenever needed. Everyone always had an upbeat attitude, even when things were stressful for us. My co-workers were all amazing individuals who helped whenever they could and created a great team, as well as a wonderful work environment. Even during Christmas time, the customers were fantastic and I can count on one hand the number of unhappy customers I dealt with.

Cons

I can't think of any particular downside to working at Michaels. Overall, it was a very positive place to work. Other than the high volume of customers and resulting demand that was caused by the holidays, I really enjoyed working at Michaels.

Way Overworked and very Underpaid!

Current Employee - Presenatation Replenishment Manager
    Current Employee - Presenatation Replenishment Manager

Pros

I have worked with some great people although they come and go very quickly.

Cons

Most employees average about 15-20 hours at minimum wage or slightly above. Management doesn't really do much until they find out a DM or corporate employee is coming to visit, at that point they want to yell and scream and try to fix everything they have been doing wrong since the last visit! My store alone has been through 3 Store Managers in 1 year! Very high turn over.

Talk to your employees more, and hear what they have to say. Don't promote people just because they are there. Consider paying more for great employees instead of paying minimum wage to 20 sub -par employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!