Michaels Stores
www.michaels.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Shots in the dark.

Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Michaels Stores as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI love this store and I loved working here the ambiance was right up my alley considering it was a craft store that could easily double as a step-ahead-of-last-resort if one is really trying to avoid having to go to blick's. The work is fast paced but there is room for advancement and benefits, etc.

ConsIt really depends on which one you go to because stock is different depending on where you go and so is management it could be great at one store or just terrible like you won't believe it and well I say read reviews before you go in one and call ahead of time for stock checks because you'll learn a lot more than if you just show up at the store also try using the 'online catalogue' and I put it that way because you cannot place online orders as one would presume.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew management that has less issues it's okay to have bad days but everyday is a bit much.

Good experience for a first job.

Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros: Friendly people, cared about their employees for the most part. Cons: Boring job, not a lot of people in the store… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good experience working part-time while in College!

Front End Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fun atmosphere if you have any art interests Cons: managers weren't always attune with student worker's scheduling needs Advice to Senior Management: So glad you got rid of the black and khaki… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michaels Stores CEO Chuck Rubin . All reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees.