Michaels Stores
www.michaels.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Happy if you can follow the rules.

Previously CEM, Currently Wilton Instructor (Current Employee)
Columbia, MD (US)

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time

ProsGreat managers, fun customers, hard working & friendly co-workers.

ConsYou need to he willing to work physically hard. Rearranging isles, displays always. Unloading trucks weekly & meeting regular deadlines. Everyone is expected to work as a team & slackers do not last long.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great. Very sensitive to employeess needs. They have a difficult job trying to keep upper management happy, employees happy & customers happy.

Not a place to work if you want to pay your bills.

Cashier (Current Employee)

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: All the items stocked in the store to bring out… Cons: Unorganized, chaotic. Work schedule very poor, work 3-4 1/2 hour shifts per day. Weekly hours worked between 3 and 8 for the most part depending… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more people, like a human resource person. Store manager is too busy to deal with issues of when a person can and can't work.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Hard work doesn't get you anywhere.

I have been working at Michaels Stores

Pros: If you like to stay busy..work on the replenishment team or be a closing associate. Replenishment team does all the "work" and is out… Cons: Too much to do for the time alloted, unqualified managers, so called Store of the Future HUGE flop in that ALL the responsibilities are on… Advice to Senior Management: Come out of the office and do something besides make a list. We know what needs to be done..Hold associates and yourselves accountable… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michaels Stores CEO Chuck Rubin . All reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees.