There are newer employer reviews for McKee Foods

It was great for my first twenty years

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gentry, AR (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gentry, AR (US)

I worked at McKee Foods full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They tend to do well in bad economic times. People will always buy cheap snack cakes.
Stability, many long-term employees.
Decent pay scale.

Cons

While OD McKee was alive, and while his sons were directly involved in the company, innovation was encouraged and praised. Once the third generation took over, OD's catchphrase "There's a better way. Let's find it!" has been quietly set aside.
Nowadays, it's run just like any other heartless, clueless megacorporation, with the exception that (seriously) God is claimed to be its ultimate guiding force.

Advice to Management

OD made that company what it is. Get back to encouraging and rewarding innovative thinking. Let the grandkids quit thinking like MBA's and get back to thinking like small business owners.

reviews filtered by
  1. Family owned... people care about you

Current Intern - I/S Intern in Collegedale, TN (US)
    Current Intern - I/S Intern in Collegedale, TN (US)

I have been working at McKee Foods as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Its a smaller place so its pretty friendly. Working in I/S is pretty chill for the most part. A lot of the full time employees are older and some are set in their ways, others are not (technologywise). There are quite a few interns that bring youth to the company. Decent pay for interns. Free little debbies all day.

Cons

Too many free little debbies. You'll get fat.
    They don't have many open positions for developers. Most people stay forever at McKee making it hard for new positions to open up.

2. Ok place to work but need alot of work far as communication between management!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stuarts Draft, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stuarts Draft, VA (US)

I have been working at McKee Foods

Pros

time off, profit sharing bonus, good benefits

Cons

Management needs a major overhaul, and major cuts. Why on earth do we need so many supertindents! Too good to lay anybody off instead will just cut everybodys hours back while the big wigs still get a full paycheck. Just ain't right!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Work more on getting better equipment into the plants, and focus on cutting down on waste and lean more towards going green to save on costs! not cut back worker hours and keep making price increases to product. This is hurting are volume of cases!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for McKee Foods