There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

Work environment

Former Employee - Tax Associate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
Former Employee - Tax Associate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wide areas of expertise, access to the best experts in various areas, supportive attitudes towards educational and career advancements, good quality of in-house refresher and other courses.

Cons

Inconsistent practices between various regional offices across the country, slow on paperless office procedures, wide spread nepotism and favoritism often promoting people lacking basic mandatory requirements for jobs performed.

Advice to Management

More meritocracy, consistent policies and procedures across offices.

reviews filtered by
  1. Behind The Times

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast paced and variety of work. Most co-workers in the KC office are a delight to work with.

Cons

In the KC office, Internal Client Services (administrative) are treated as though we are whipping boys. We are expected to give 100% while we are critized and scolded for riduculous and frivolous matters from the Office Mgr. The culture and treatment of external vs internal client services is so vast it's almost as though we don't work for the same company. The reporting and performance feedback and review system for ICS is skewed. Those we support do not provide reviews that are used to rate our performance. The Career Advisor (mentor) program is a waste of time. A mentor is one that encourages, positively influences, and provides feedback. Unfortunately, in the ICS department in KC this is not the case. Being at the bottom of the barrel is not working for me!

Advice to Management

Before you promote a person to a management position, do your due diligence to ensure they have the capacity, qualities, skills and experience to be an influential manager, not an antagonist.

Great firm w/solid values, unless you're an internal client server

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time

Pros

The firm prides itself on it's ability to offer a work/life balance. Much of the firm demonstrates those values and I believe, has a lot of talent & enthusiasm at its fingertips.

Cons

I feel there was a disconnect between those core values and the internal client serving staff, primarily in the Learning & Development function. Chaos reigns, and an air of malice and intimidation prevailed. Highly inappropriate and disrespectful behavior is allowed to exist, unchecked by management. A unique atmosphere where blatant avoidance of all work is championed, and initiative is demonized. The lack of forward thinking is frightening, the phrase "this is how we've always done it" could be LPD's motto.

Advice to Management

LPD is simply an example of a few rotten apples.

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP